The Community Development Department is responsible for building, zoning, planning, and other activities that relate to land use in the Village. The department implements zoning regulations, building codes, planning guidelines, and other Village codes as they relate to the built environment.
The department’s functions include:
- Review of building permit applications for all building projects and other structures
- Zoning reviews and plan reviews to assure compliance with zoning and building regulations
- Issuance of building permits
- Code enforcement and inspections of projects under construction
- Review of tree removal applications and issuance of tree permits
The department is available to answer zoning code, building code, and construction questions, and to meet with applicants. Please contact Community Development Director, Susan Criezis, if you have any questions.
- Additional Requirements for New Building
- Building Codes Amendments
- Community Development Department Fees
- Building Permit Information
- Kenilworth Building Codes
- Building Permit Requirements
- Drainage and Grading Regulations
- Drainage and Grading-User Manual
- Steep Slope Regulations
- Steep Slopes-User Manual
- Property Maintenance Code
- Tent Code Regulations
- Fireplaces and Fire Pits
- Construction Site Regulations
- Neighbor Notification
- Comprehensive Plan
- Tree Protection Plan
Applications can be found by clicking here.
For more information on liquor licenses, please view Title XI, Chapter 116 of the Village Code.